The Board of Governors of the Institute in its 12th meeting held on 20th December 2019 has approved the Cumulative Contingency effective from April 1, 2020. The disbursement of the Contingency for PhD/M.Tech./IPDFs will be as per following table:
|Serial No.||Item||Maximum Permissible Limit for PhD/M.Tech. Students within allocated amount (in Rs.)||Maximum Permissible Limit for IPDFs within allocated amount (in Rs.)|
|1||Chemical/consumable for fabrication and testing related to research work with prior approval of Guide.||No limit||No limit|
|2||Stationary items, photocopy, printout, and Postal charges etc. (Payable as fixed charges not to be claimed) (Would be directly transferred to the Bank Account of the Scholar once in year)||1500/Year||2500/Year|
|3||Publication Charges (only for non-paid journals)/purchase of preprints, Subscription Charges and Books||No limit||No limit|
|4||Testing and Analysis charges.||No limit||No limit|
|5||Travel expenses related to field work including hiring of vehicles/labours, Sandwich PhD, oral paper presentation in conferences, training with prior approval of Guide is required.||No limit||No limit|
|6||Registration fees for attending Conferences/Workshop (such as GIAN course), training, membership of national and international societies and associations, Online courses related to research work.||No limit||No limit|
|7||Thesis Printing and Binding Charges after the no dues (Would be directly to the Bank Account of the Scholar)||2000/- (M.Tech.) , 5000/- (PhD)||Not Applicable|
|8||Thesis Evaluation Fees||As per Institute Rules||Not Applicable|
- The contingency grant of the M.Tech./PhD Scholars/ IPDFs would be Cumulative in nature for the complete tenure.
- Complete Tenure for M.Tech. students is the date of last examination and for PhD Scholars, it is the five years or date of Pre-Submission, whichever is earlier.
- There is no restriction on number of Conferences to be attended but the expenditure has to be within the accumulated contingency.
- TA/DA will be payable as per GOI/Institute guidelines.
- Expenditure limited to the maximum amount available in the students’ credit.
- It is applicable for existing PhD Students as well
Veracity of the claim to be certified by the M.Tech./PhD Supervisors and Mentors of IPDFs. Supervisors/Mentors have to certify that the claim has been made for the research related work.
Allocated contingency amount per annum is as follows:
PhD : Total Contingency Rs. 30,000/- p.a.
IPDF : Total Contingency Rs. 75,000/- p.a.
M.Tech. : Total Contingency Rs. 5,000/- p.a.